ABOGADO SERVANDO24/7 - Open for text and emergency calls - attorney will answer - (214)-415-5157
It was not your choice to be hurt in a automobile or car accident but the choice you make after a car accident can significantly impact your recovery, whether this is financially, physically, or emotionally. You must select the right lawyer who will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Your car accident was most likely caused by someone else's negligence. You should not have to pay damages caused by someone else. Before you know it your physical pain mixed with your increasing amount of medical bills will leave you overwhelmed and emotionally unstable. Make sure you consult with an experienced car accident lawyer today. Call (903) 630-5639 today
First, seek medical attention as fast as you can for any injuries you may have incurred. Some injuries may not be apparent at first so you may want to have a check up anyways. The adrenaline you experience after a car accident can mask your pain or other serious injuries that may have occurred.
Second, contact the authorities so they can complete an accident report. This will be a very valuable source for the case you may need to present when dealing with the compensation you deserve. Always remember the police do not have the final say on who's fault it was.
Third, you will want to collect the contact information of the other driver if possible. Information that may help would be the other persons drivers license number, insurance information, and contact information. This will help when filing a claim.
Fourth, and most importantly is contacting Servando J. McHazlett Law Firm. With the car accident experience we have we can ensure you are in good hands when fighting for your benefits. We will make sure to present a case that is clear to show how this car accident has impacted your day to day life and responsibilities as an adult. Call us today for further information (903) 630-5639
1. When a car accident occurs, you should always call the police. If you are injured you should ask for ambulance assistance as well. Immediately after you are in a car accident you have to make sure you reach out to authorities. If you do not document the incident it can be very hard to prove it even happened after the fact. If the other driver has left the scene call the police immediately. Make sure to get a full police report to document the accident.
2. One of the best things you can do is take photos of the scene. This will provide sufficient evidence that the car accident occurred and the other drivers involved. If you do not have a phone or camera to take photos ask another person involved or someone nearby and to send them to you. Take pictures like all vehicles involved in the crash, license plates, the location where the damage occurred, and any other images you feel could help your case. If there are nearby road signs or markings try and have images of those in the same photos as the crash.
3. The next best thing to help you is going to be eye witness testimony. Try getting names and contact information of all witnesses who may have saw the car crash. Ask if they would be willing to talk with the police to tell them what they saw.
4. If you are experiencing any pain after the accident even if you do not see any external wounds please consult with a doctor immediately. If you wait to long to see a doctor it will look as if you have not been injured.
5. Make sure you file a No-Fault form with the car insurance company within 30 days of your accident. This will ensure that your medical bills are noted for medical treatment due to the car accident. If you do not file with in the time frame you may be liable for all medical bills associated with the accident.
6. However, there is an exception. If you were working at the time of the car accidents you will need to file Workers Compensation, in this case you must notify your employer as well as the representative of Workers Compensation within 30 days of the accident. We would advise to still file the No-Fault so you have covered all bases.
7. If a driver is working with municipality, the municipality is notified of the refund (Notice of Claim). If this notice is not filed within a timely manner you may lose the right of bringing a lawsuit to the driver or municipality.
8. Statute of Limitations does apply to car accidents in Texas. You have two years by Texas law to file your claim. This takes place the day the accident occurred or the day your property was damaged.
9. With the exception of your doctors and next of kin, as long as you have hired a lawyer, do not tell or tell anyone about the accident, and especially the insurance company. Insurance companies are not on your side and are more concerned with saving money, rather than paying an insurance premium. Any statements you give may be subsequently used against your interests.
10. Immediately contact Abogado Servando with the Servando J. McHazlett Law Firm. He will fight for your rights ands make sure you are taken care of. Call Now
McKinney, TX locations: (469) 952-6666
Dallas, TX location: (903) 630-5639